[Shotimes] Towing with an ATX?

Alan Fanning Awfanning@earthlink.net
Sun, 16 Apr 2006 15:35:29 -0700

I've had an antique wood lathe in storage in Ontario Canada for the past 5-6
years. My brother-in-law would shoot me if I were to abandon it now, so I'm
trying to determine whether I could haul it home after the Memphis
convention (yes, I know, they're not exactly on the same route from
California).

I figure the all-up weight of the lathe and a lightweight utility trailer
might be 1000-1200 lbs. Assuming I added an auxiliary cooler (and new
radiator) to our '95 ATX, is this a practical solution or am I asking for a
blown transmission en-route?

My other choice is to get my '91 SHO's act together, but it needs AC work,
more tuning, and only gets around 20 mpg.

Or maybe a new Ford Super Duty pickup?

Thanks.

    Alan