[Shotimes] (OT) Recovered stolen Camaro

George Fourchy krazgeo@comcast.net
Wed, 19 Apr 2006 21:49:27 -0700

On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 15:00:26 -0400, Ron Porter wrote:

> But, there are folks out there
>who can grind down the engine VIN # and restamp it with the "correct"
>number.

Boss 302s have that same situation.  I didn't know it until after I sold my original
block for 75 bucks after I thought it had a ruined cylinder...scored due to a
collapsed piston.  That was in the early '80s, during a lean time for replacement
speed parts.  The factory replacement block has no number at all, as far as I know.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!  I need someone to stamp the number in the replacement block.

George