[Shotimes] Rod Bearing Change @190K miles

Donald Mallinson dmall@mwonline.net
Wed, 01 Feb 2006 09:02:29 -0600

Exactly Jim, that is why I have been trying to point out that true
lugging is down around 500 rpm!  True lugging that does damage is way
down where the engine is just about to die.  YOu can feel every power
stroke (or it feels like you can) and you have a decent amount of
throttle applied.  1/3 or more throttle!

I have never seen an unmodified properly working automatic that will
allow big throttle openings in a high gear at low speeds. Just never
seen it possible to apply that much throttle without a kick down.  the
SHO ATX will normally kick down, and even if you run it in 2nd gear
where it stays in 2nd, the torque converter won't lock up at low speeds
with lots of throttle applied.

So if you don't have all these conditions it isn't lugging:
super low rpm (500 or so)
High gear
big throttle positions
and Low speed.

It ain't lugging.  and it isn't going to happen in an ATX

Don Mallinson