[Shotimes] Drove the new Fusion

Paul Nimz pnimz@v8sho.com
Tue, 14 Feb 2006 12:38:53 -0600

Well I like to shift but generally do not hold it in for up shifting.  Once
you get the shift parameters right in the tuning no need to.  But I do use it
for downshifting, especially the OD switch.  Not a 1/4 mile thing but a road
track or street driving.  You can get the tranny set up to shift up or down
and act like a manual but without using a clutch.

I would think that putting the shifter in D, flooring it and letting the car
shift to second, then move the shifter to L will hold it in second.  Then
shift to D when the time comes, if it has a tach.....

This is how the '99 SHO is IIRC.

Paul