[Shotimes] meltdown

Bill Murray fordsho@cloud9grafx.com
Tue, 14 Feb 2006 18:17:32 -0500

If the car isn't starting, the red oil light should be on.  That is a low
oil PSI light, so since the engine isn't running, you have 0 PSI, hence the
light.

If you only got to halfway on the temp gauge, I don't think you over heated
the car.

Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Masters [mailto:miethos@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2006 1:15 PM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shotimes] meltdown

welp i think i finally melted the SHO down into nothing.  I have had a
problem with my overfill bottle for awhile after I put in the heavy duty
radiator.. i didnt have enough room to fit it so I basically have to keep
refilling my radiator every few days to keep it topped off.  Well i screwed
myself and let it overheat yesterday on the interestate.  i was going about
70 and it got upto halfway hot on the thermostat.  the car started to bogg
down and slowly ran down to a stop. it died of course and the Red oil light
came on.  Well I had to leave it and come back the next day.  No crank.
Sounds like there is no compression or something.  its a wierd sound
really.  I towed it to the house and the red oil light is still on, i
checked the oil and it has plenty in there.  Any ideas how bad it is ?

I recently put new spark plugs, wires, head gaskets, plug seals on it.  new
altenator, new dynomax exhaust.

Jeeze I feel like a dumbass.
93 mtx 103k miles

~Joe