[Shotimes] Running an ATX Car on the Track

clubairth@bellsouth.net clubairth@bellsouth.net
Thu, 8 Jun 2006 10:08:27 -0500

Alan:
 This is a little late! As you know the SHO has 2 coolers from the factory.
The normal in radiator one plus the external unit in front of the A/C
condenser. Have you removed the thermostatic valve and "T" in the cooling
lines? This valve usually fails anyway and it's mainly there to help warm up
the tranny fluid quicker in cold climates. I do this to any ATX I can and
got the recommendation from Doug L. at FPS. Helps by removing a flow
restriction on the cooling loop.
 Without a gauge you are still in the dark. I have not had problems with the
Gen II puking fluid but you really want to know your tranny fluid
temperature if your on the track!
 I think you will find that Ron is right about being in the wrong gear too
many times.
.
.