[Shotimes] Re: Adjusting / Replacing Throttle Cable

Ron Porter ronporter@ameritech.net
Wed, 3 May 2006 01:57:57 -0400

Better to err on the long side. That can be fixed (just like you need to do
with an old, stretched cable) by putting spacers between the pedal and the
cable end at the pedal. I used very small snap rings.

From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Ron Childs
Sent: Wednesday, May 03, 2006 1:45 AM
To: Shotimes
Subject: [Shotimes] Re: Adjusting / Replacing Throttle Cable

New throttle cables are scarce to non-existant (AFAIK). An alternative that
some
have used is to replace the inner cable in the existing cable housing. The
length of
the inner cable is critical (too short and it does not close all of the way,
too
long and you don't get WOT). A bicycle shop could probably supply an
appropriate
inner cable and ends. There may even be cable ends that can adjust length
with a set
screw.

-Ron