[Shotimes] Brake bleeding --getting the air out

jim koper jfkoper at att.net
Sun May 27 15:36:13 MDT 2007

Hello,

  For some reason I have a tough time eliminating air in the brake lines (spongy pedal) after replacing calipers/flex lines with my bleed procedure. Ive ended up doing a final bleeding in the hotel parking lot the past several conventions with a helpful volunteer (thanks Joe and Jim), and Id like to NOT have to worry about the brakes right before track day this year.

  What is the best way to bleed (2-person method)?

   Engine off?
   Pump the brakes (power booster), turn engine on, then bleed?
   Depress pedal all the way to the floor per bleed cycle?
   Engine on. Depress pedal only halfway down to avoid bottoming out? (Seemed to work well.)
  Thanks.
  Jim Koper
  92 red/black
  172K