[Spridgets] Bent Frame Rails!!!

Guy Weller guy.weller at tiscali.co.uk
Sat Dec 20 02:03:25 MST 2008

Yes you could do that. but as well as jigging the inner bottom wishbone
points accurately, plus the top point the required amount rear of centre
line, the shock mount plate also needs to be canted over toward the rear. So
that is quite a lot needing accurate jigging to get it to work right.

Given the mass- production engineering required it is clearly just as easy
to mount those points using straight rails as the fixed datum line, and then
accurately apply the single bend (each side) to the required caster angle.
Quick and simple and ensures that the fixed points remain at the correct
relative positions to each other whilst getting the required angle.

Rather a smart solution I think.

Guy
PS The correct bend is about 1", depending on where exactly it is measured.