[Spridgets] Engine removal list suggestions..

Jim Johnson bmwwxman at gmail.com
Fri May 23 17:06:41 MDT 2008

Last two times I've done it by myself.  Disconnect the drive shaft from the
diff. Once the end of the tranny is inside the mouth of the tunnel, reach in
through the shifter hole and put the yoke into the back of the tranny. It
won't come out as you slide the lump in the rest of the way.

Cheers!!
Jim

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 5:36 PM, Phil Nase <bugi1960 at gmail.com> wrote:

> My wife lined up the yoke with a screwdriver for me and it actually
> did work very well.
>
> Two person job though that way.
>
> Phil Nase
>

> On May 23, 2008, at 12:46 PM, David Lieb wrote:
>
> >> I would have no problem deferring to the expertise here on the
> >> list, the
> >> reason I mentioned this was that I was reading through the shop
> >> manual to
> >> become familiar with the project prior to diving in (which prompted
> >> me to
> >> start the checklist in the first place), and it says to "Mark the
> >> flange"
> >> in section G.2  http://www.smarc.net/MG/techinfo/midget/Section-G.pdf
> >>
> >> IMHO, can't hurt... I don't have any paint markers, but I find that a
> >> bottle of White-Out works good. Also good for making timing marks
> >> easily
> >> visable.
> >
> > True, it won't hurt and it will make it faster finding which set of
> > holes
> > line up.
> > Bear in mind that this same reference wants you to was the parts in
> > petrol
> > and to use a screwdriver to get the snout back into the
> > transmission, so
> > take
> > it with a grain or two of salt.
> > David Lieb

Cheers!!
Jim - 68 "Spridget" in Dodge City
Don't miss "50 Years of Spridgets" at Lake of the Ozarks, June 26-29, 2008!!

For info and registration... <http://www.Sprite-MidgetClub.org>