[Spridgets] Since the list has been "quiet"

WeslakeMonza1330 at aol.com WeslakeMonza1330 at aol.com
Tue Jul 24 12:40:14 MDT 2012

69 Sprite modified.  I need to start to drive more slowly again as  I've
regularly found myself doing 90+ (maybe 95+) through sweeping bends.

Tom Colby will be making a replacement Panhard rod tower for the car so
when it arrives I can removed the old one along with the piece of tubing that
extended the tower to get the level close to right.

The anti-tramp bar fabrication project is hold pending calculations and
enthusiasm.

The raised front spring hanger fabrication project is on hold because it
was combined with the anti-tramp bar brackets.

The 4 clock dash project is for a spare dash that I'm slowing making and
might see a welder this week.

I need to have a think about the axle Panhard pickup now that I've put the
front spring hanger brackets on hold.

The lightened door striker project needs some fresh enthusiasm though once
the pair of strikers I have, are finished I've enough to consider having a
batch coated.

The front conifers in the garden are now close to being cut down to  the
height I want them to be at.

I might gloss some paint around the house this week if I can work up the
enthusiasm - it's nice and hot so ideal to do it.

I've ordered a piece of nylon bar so I can make the bit for the steering
column horn connection that I bust.  I'll probably have to jury rig a
temporary horn switch as I need to drive the car on Thursday.

I need to replace a couple of push rods that chafed on the Pierce head and
once I have them I'll also reset the tappets.

I have a nicer alloy Monza fuel cap than the one on the car but it needs a
blob of alloy welding on the inside following drilling and tapping for the
thing  that Monza caps used with an internal vented cap have.  This might
get done  by the end of the year.

I have to replace a 90 degree Goodridge hose end with a 120 degree end on
the inlet manifold to servo pipe just to make it look neater.  This is
waiting funds (yep I'm really that poor) but ought to be this year.

I'm waiting for a new gear lever to be made that will be tapped UNC rather
than metric so I can fit my bakelite (looking) 5 speed gear knob that has
the  correct gate pattern on it for the Ford based 5 speed in my car.

Pictures on request for some of this stuff.

Weslake-Monza 1330