[Spridgets] Cooling fan-damonium?

crusaderchuck55 at aol.com crusaderchuck55 at aol.com
Sat Nov 16 07:30:45 MST 2019

First off thank everyone on their input!Ok the best installation is as a puller behind the core.    That's based upon the fan itself not being in front of the core and partially restricting air flow through the core.   Also some other E=MC2 in-depth answers on fan blade area literally indicated a rear mount is not a best way , in my aplication it's the only way to go.I knew using the factory plastic fan was not an option based upon higher RPM ranges the car will see at times.  I have a Geo Metro cooling fan here.  It came with the parts I retrieved with the car.  It's too large in every dimension to put into a cross flow aplication.   Actually the Geo fan assembly is on the huge side of fans I'm familiar with.  It's a big can style motor with a steel 4 blade fan ( looks like a household tabletop fan blade!) in a stamped steel shroud that is the size of the radiator core.  So I'm definitly not going to try to utilise that .   I do want a thermostatic fan control device.  It's not in the budget right now.  The Midget is already wired for a dash mounted on/off fan switch with indicator light.  Staging in line for hillclimbs and some street driving indicates the proper route is a thermostatically controlled fan just to be certain the car cools before it overheats.Chuck Sent from my LG Mobile