[Tigers] big valve 260

Rollright at aol.com Rollright at aol.com
Mon Aug 27 07:01:14 MDT 2012

Ron,

You wrote;

" ....... I know many people look at the 164 HP spec for the 260  and
immediately want to upgrade to the 289. The 164HP rating only applies  to
the early 260 with small intake valves. The later 260 with larger  intake
valves was never rated by Ford but I'm sure it is in the 185 HP realm.  Also
Alex Gabbard build up a 260 with a stroker kit and a bunch of other  goodies
resulting in around 350 HP, not bad for a 260.

Did all  Mk 1 Tigers have the big valve 260? If not, when is the break
point?

Jim  Armstrong
Mk 1A
382002083