[Tigers] Side trim molding

Stephen Waybright gswaybright at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 19 19:21:53 MDT 2012

I agree w/ Lynn,
I'm fortunate to have a Dale A restoration and the details
like arrow-straight SS all work together to take an otherwise great looking
resto to absolutely being breathtaking.

I'd also be pretty apprehensive about
using adhesive for the trim instead of the clips.

Stephen Waybright
________________________________
 From: Lynn Wall <cars at wt-inc.com>

You
should probably be doing the door alignment while in primer, before
final
paint.  That is the time to drill new holes.  I can just tell you that
it
looks soooooo much better then having slightly out of aligned SS.  I have
beautiful car (in my opinion) and I am always drawn to the SS being poorly
done.

Look at a Dale A restoration.  The SS is perfect.  It kind of makes me
want
to cry when I think about my car.  Although my SS is close, it is not
good
enough for my tastes

Good luck and stock up on brave pills.  Assembly of
a painted car will
require a large supply.

Lynn

PS.  In my opinion you would
be asking for trouble using the adhesive.  The
lines of the car have a slight
bow and  the SS is VERY narrow.  Being hollow
in the back I'm not sure how you
would get enough surface area to make a
good adhesion and hold the straight SS
along the curved body of the car.  If