[Tigers] Fuel Pumps

Ron Fraser rfraser at bluefrog.com
Thu Jan 23 11:40:35 MST 2014

Carter 60504 - 30 gph - 4 psi
Carter 4070 - 72 gph - 6 psi
Stock SU - 15 gph - 2 psi

15 gph is capable of supporting about 200 HP, 30 gph should support about
400 HP and 72 gph should support over 900 HP.

I do not know the max flow rate the 5/16" fuel line tube can support.  This
is the next limiting factor.

If you increase HP you need to increase fuel flow.

15 gph will run a 900 HP engine but not for long; the engine will stumble at
some low rpm from lack of fuel.

Ron Fraser