[Tigers] Tiger D44 Rear Axle

Sandy sganz at pacbell.net
Wed May 14 12:21:43 MDT 2014

Tom -

Take a look at some of the Studebaker lists. They face similar issues
and I have been chatting with a fellow that was working on D44 to late
model (2000) Mustang/Cobra rears with integral parking brake. It seems a
good smaller rear brake caliper although a bit smaller pad then the
small dynalite calipers I would use if I didn't want the parking brake
to work.

I think he has the work done, but not sure if he is set up to sell yet
or will work with the same parts on the tiger due to rim size. If you
want a contact I can get you his info as I have been emailing him about
them.

For me I'm not at all interested in using the 2 piece stock axles, so
when all said and done for me to use the D44 it's a flange change.
Curries makes a small bearing ford flange that will work on the D44
tubes, they can make the axles with ford bearings and D44 late model
spline count for my new diff. And as and added bonus I can still use Dan
Walters system if I stick with the D44.

Sandy