[TR] value for insurance proposes?

TeriAnn J. Wakeman tjwakeman at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 08:54:56 MST 2015

My insurance is coming due for renewal and I'm wondering if I should
increase the agreed upon value.  It s currently set at $20,000.  Thoughts?

1961 (built April 1960) TR3A. Body straight with single shallow round
dent (no creases)about 4 inches in diameter. Paint is about 25 years
old. Looks nice except for a couple cracks. Leather interior is also
about 25 years old, looks really nice except tabs around edges of door
pockets loose. Simpson seat belts.  Received a gold at recent Triumphest.

About what you would expect for a well taken care of 25 year old
restoration.

factory hard top

Soft top, bows, tonnu cover, bow cover, side curtains

adjustable steering column, Motoleta steering wheel, and rack and pinion
steering conversion

Genuine Lucas PL-700 headlamps and genuine Lucas driving lights

60 spoke chrome wheels

Factory windscreen washer but with period Tudor white knob pump

Looks factory stock as long as you don't lift the bonnet.

Suspension Factory spec competition front springs, nylatron bushings,
front anti sway bar, aluminum front hubs & axles from Tony Drews,
stainless steel brake lines.

Engine:

*Head:* Late TR4A head with 0.060" removed from the bottom surface,
shrouding removed from combustion chamber around spark plugs. Valve
pockets enlarged and polished. Hardened valve seats installed inside out
to create a venturi shaped opening. Oversize intake valves. Ports
polished and matched.

*Pistons & liners:* 87 mm. "Eyelashes" cut into top edge of liners below
where the shroud was removed around the plug area.

*Crank:* Cross drilled and nitrided. Harmonic dampener added.

*Cam & valve train:* 280 degree cam (peaks at 6000 RPM with wide power
peak), 56 rockwell or harder tappets, shortened push rods, lightened
rocker arms with matched weight, special springs and retainers. Springs
between rocker arms replaced by copper tube spacers. Special rocker
shaft pedestals that support the ends of the shafts.

*Intake:* Twin DCOE 45 carburetors on polished TWM intake manifolds.
Short air horns. ITC air filter.

*Ignition:* Mallory distributor and coil.

*Engine exterior:* Wilco finned cast aluminum valve cover with Moon
breather, optional finned aluminum oil sump with extended oil pick up,
external oil cooler, narrow fan belt & pulleys, electric fan,
alternator, four tube headers going into early TR2 exhaust system.

*Interior: *Balanced drive train, extensive use of of ARP fasteners, oil
passages cleaned up, oil pump reworked with new gears.

*Gearbox:* TR4 full syncro with overdrive

*Limited slip rear diff* with oversize magnesium finned diff cover.

If the car was in a fire, flood or whatever what would it cost to
replace it? What should I insure it for?

TeriAnn