[Zmagnette] Shipping car parts from England

Paul Barrow paul.barrow at centurytel.net
Sat Nov 16 17:14:44 MST 2013

Steve

The first thing to clear up is that shipping anything anywhere now is damned
expensive and frankly given the dimensions (not the weight) as I ship and
have stuff shipped to me from all over the world I am not actually surprised
at the prices.  Sadly it is the price of doing business internationally.

OK, now we have that out of the way, let me add a kicker - when it gets here
you will be pleased to note that most imports of these dimensions attract
massive and intrusive Federal investigations.  Yes the Department of
Homeland Insecurity will get in on the deal and they will want to know where
the parts originated from and where all the component pieces originated from
(we all know rubber comes from trees right?? But don’t try telling them that
- they want to know it came from Ceylon!!).  And if you don’t know, the best
answer I have is that to the best of my knowledge and belief it all comes
from the UK.

If that were all, you would be home and dry
 but now they want to hose you
too for IMPORT DUTY and will charge you 5 – 10% of not only the cost of the
parts but also the shipping cost to help fund more waste on your behalf

but this is just the way it is.  Be glad you live in the US and pay it
because in the UK it is 5% then they add 20% VAT (France 25%).  If you pay
the shipping here then it is $0.00 that they have to assess!!

So where to go for a good shipping price – If I am in charge I use
www.parcelflight.co.uk <http://www.parcelflight.co.uk/>  as they are the
best I have come up against.

Hope that answers your question and does so in a light hearted way.

Paul

Paul Barrow

153 Clemons Road

Montesano, WA 98563 USA