Re: Speedo error

From: Dave McDermott (mcdermott_d(at)WIZARD.COLORADO.EDU)
Date: Tue Nov 07 1995 - 11:42:23 CST

        Jay,
        Why didn't you just change the plastic gear that attaches to the
transmission end of your speedo cable? It costs less than $10 and only takes
a few minutes to change. That way both the speed reading and the odometer
are corrected. Your speedo can then remain calibrated to the specs on the
face. These gears come in an assortment of sizes and are color coded. I have
done this on several of my cars over the years to compensate for different
tire sizes and rear end ratios.

        Dave