Re: Alpine Hot start problem

From: TEdlund(at)aol.com
Date: Wed Aug 14 1996 - 14:19:01 CDT

On Wed, Aug 14, 1996 73742.1362(at)CompuServe.COM (Tom Yang) wrote:

> I seem to have a "Hot Start" problem with my Series V Alpine, but
> I'm having some problems figuring it out. The Alpine would start
> fine when cold, but would lug the starter when it warmed up.

I had a similar problem with our Series V. The problem turned out to be a
bad engine-to-chassis ground. The original braided ground strap is located
under the car and attaches at the transmission mount. Ours was really greasy
and gunked up.

Another option (and less work) is to add another ground in the engine
compartment from the chassis to the engine.

Terry Edlund
San Diego, CA