Electrical Woes

From: Eric Page (neslim(at)earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Aug 15 1996 - 01:15:12 CDT

Hey there,

     I am having a really hard time figuring out the problem with my right
side turn signals. The left side works fine but the right doesn't do a
thing. As the workshop manual directed I crossed the left and right
terminals and all four flashers lit. This indicates a bad flasher unit
which I replaced and installed. The right side still doesn't work. If I
cross the left and right terminals at the flasher switch now just the right
side indicators light. As far as I can tell all of the proper connections
under the dash are made. I'm thinking that the problem is inside of the
wiring harness but I don't understand what exactly can be wrong since the
right side indicators will flash when the terminals are crossed but nothing
happens when just the flasher lever is moved.
     I also have to ask about rear shock absorbers again. Mine managed to
tear themselves out of the body leaving some nasty holes. I went to the
body shop the other day and guy I spoke with was wondering if it was a
common problem with the cars. He said he could fabricate something but
said I should contact other owners to see if they've had or heard of this
happening and what solutions they came up with. So if you've had or heard
I would really appreciate your input.

Thanks in advance,

Eric
'66 Series V