Re: Color codes

From: Russell Maddock (Russ_Maddock(at)onaustralia.com.au)
Date: Fri Sep 27 1996 - 04:15:59 CDT

----------
> From: haltman(at)VNET.IBM.COM
> To: alpines(at)autox.team.net
> Subject: Color codes
> Date: Thursday, 26 September 1996 22:21
>
> I'm looking at the Alpine home page document on color codes and I'm a
> little confused. Scott wrote that the code should be stamped on the
> chassis plate, I take it thats the body number? According to the chart
> that Scott included on the home page, there are only 5 possible colors
that
> my series 1 could have been painted. I beleive the car to have been
white
> (or off white) at one time based on the amount of white paint that is
> under the black krylon thats on the car now (obviously the previous
owner
> knew nothing about automotive finishes!). The body number on my car is
> 3945, am I to assume that the 39 is the color code (Carnival Red)? If
so,
> what does the 45 stand for?
> Thanks in advance,
> Howard Altman
> Series1 Alpine B9003995 LRX 3945 (whatever that means)

Howard,

Look for a plate with your chassis number (B9003995 LRX) on it. The colour
code will be stamped underneath. 3945 is your body number which is
different. Maybe your chassis plate has been removed.

L means left hand drive export
R means roadster
X means North American-spec (I think)

Russell Maddock