Re: Ring Gear Bolt Replacment

From: DSand95510(at)aol.com
Date: Wed Apr 02 1997 - 11:16:13 CST

In a message dated 97-04-01 22:50:19 EST, a-richat(at)MICROSOFT.com (Richard
Atherton (Entex)) writes:

> And while I'm at it, has anyone ever done a IRS conversion to
>something like a Jag XKE rear end, or Triumph Stag style? Just
>wondering what the car would be like with an IRS.

Don't know of any Alpines w/IRS, but there was a Californian Tiger at SUNI I
with this setup. At the autocross, the IRS looked as if it eliminated some
of the unpredictable handling traits that Tigers are reknowned for.

Dick Sanders