Re: Woooh! Can of worms!!

From: Barrie L. Henderson (hendersb(at)direct.ca)
Date: Wed Apr 02 1997 - 21:24:56 CST

At 05:51 04/02/97 -0800, you wrote:
>Mike,
> I, for one, was not offended by your request. I was more offended by
>the indignation of the responses than anything else. But yes, perhaps
>your request was a mistake. I believe that many of us have gone
>through hell to keep ours cars running and often just to keep our cars!
> I have been restoring mine for nearly 7 years now, and that while
>attending college, working full-time and fathering my first child. So
>it does not surprise me when people approach your situation with
>suspicion. What does surprise me is the outright hostility. Lighten
>up everybody.
>
>Christopher Albers
>'67 SV od>

Suspicion is much too mild a word for my reaction - your second phrase 'outright hostility' is much more accurate!

LIKE HELL I WILL LIGHTEN UP!

Every day we are bombarded with 'scams' - buy this and make your hair grow - buy this and listen to the marvellous music of the fifties - 'this' will make your life in the kitchen a 'breeze' - the phone rings (just when I am trying to eat my dinner) and someone is trying to stuff some product down my throat (in among my chicken and potatoes) - and the price is so attractive (in BIG print) and the S & H is so reasonable (in very small print) - of course the
S & H is usually a big part of the price (I mean after all what does it REALLY cost to ship a CD or bit of merchandise?)

[Let's face it Christopher - Mike was trying to pull off an 'albanian' pyramid scheme - and (some) of us caught on - if you find that offensive - well TS!

Anyone who puts a posting like that on a legitimate newslist like the 'Alpines' deserves whatever he gets!

Sorry, Christopher and/or Mike - you get no sympathy from me.

Barrie Henderson