Re: Woooh! Can of worms!!

From: Christopher Albers (Christopher.Albers(at)bubbs.biola.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 03 1997 - 21:32:33 CST

John McEwen writes:

Perhaps we should consider a spirited examination of the benefits of V6
or V8 engines
which can be welded and bolted into Sunbeam bodies in order to destroy
any
possible vestige of British engineering.
I don't know about anyone else, but I find quirky British engineering
to be rather endearing, if not often frustrating. Admittedly, I am
seriously considering doing away with my Prince of Darkness distributor
in favor of electronic ignition. But I am only willing to do this if I
can do it without changing the cosmetics of the engine too much. Does
anyone know if the guts of an electronic ignition can be put into a
P.O.D. distributor? While I intend my car to be somewhat of a driver,
I also want to show it and I just don't want to modify it too much (I'm
dropping it about 2").

Christopher Albers
'67 SV od