RE: Vanishing Brake Fluid and Ring Gear Bolts

From: Jarrid Gross (Yorba Linda, CA) (GROSS(at)unit.com)
Date: Fri Apr 04 1997 - 18:28:00 CST

Siegfried wrote,

>As long as we're pulling axles, rear ends, and all, is this a good
>opportunity to increase the rear end ratio?

I run both 3.89 and 4.55 ratios depending on my mood.

Both third members drop right in, but the 4.55 is a spriral bevel gear
differential used on early Rapier and Older Minxs, and was never
available for the Series Alpines.

If you dont mind the additional RPMs, the increase in gear ratio
will give a porportional increase in acceleration rate (15% for 4.55
relative to the 3.89).

Jarrid Gross