Vanishing Brake Fluid and Ring Gear Bolts

From: siegfried (sdoerrer(at)ix.netcom.com)
Date: Fri Apr 04 1997 - 18:09:35 CST

I want to thank all who responded to my Vanishing Brake Fluid post a few
days back. It was indeed the inner seal on the master brake fluid.
About $9 plus shipping and a couple hours and I was on the road again!
Your responses saved me hours of frustrating trouble shooting.

However, all this talk about loose ring gear bolts has put a chill on
the prospect of driving without checking them out. I haven't had a
chance to look at the manual since I'm travelling but my question is:

As long as we're pulling axles, rear ends, and all, is this a good
opportunity to increase the rear end ratio?

Any tips or comments would be much appreciated.

Siegfried
Series V