Re: trunk won't open

From: DSand95510(at)aol.com
Date: Sun Apr 06 1997 - 15:04:30 CDT

In a message dated 97-04-06 10:10:44 EDT, foxfire(at)mail.sover.net (T, L & T
Harrington) writes:

>Hi all, I have a bad problem with my alpine. could someone tell me how to
>open it.... I went to push the lock button last night, nothing doing!! )~:
>It would not push in at all. ????? All the food and goods are in the trunk,
>please tell me what I could look for.... I already tried taking a broom
>handle from inside the car, going through the conv- top area, to the latch >
>NO GO ???

From personal experience:

1) Is it possible the latch was "closed" before you shut the lid, jamming
the lid in place? Try pulling up on the lid itself.

2) The lock might be shot (or close to it). Try turning the key a complete
360 in the lock. That was the only thing that would open mine a few nights
ago.

Dick Sanders