Re: Vanishing Brake Fluid and Ring Gear Bolts

From: Jarrid Gross (Yorba Linda, CA) (GROSS(at)unit.com)
Date: Mon Apr 07 1997 - 11:01:00 CDT

Siegfred wrote,

>I know I said "increase ratio" when I meant "decrease ratio." What is
>involved in such a project? replacing a ring gear or the whole rear
end?

>Siegfred

Im not sire what you want to do here
["increase ratio" when I meant "decrease ratio."]

but higher numerical ratios are lower gear/higher RPMs.

Most likely just the third member should be changed.
All alpine third members are compatible, but the spider gears may have
to be changed out for whatever axles are in your car.

Setting up the shims on the third member wit a new gearset is best left
a differential expert.

Here are your ratio opions.

3.70*
3.89
4.22
4.44*
4.55
4.78*
4.86*

*= Like hens teeth to find in the states.

Jarrid Gross