Re: "New" Series V - Day 7

From: Steve Van Ronk (glblitnpwr(at)nidlink.com)
Date: Thu Apr 17 1997 - 14:56:08 CDT

Gosh Folks,

I forgot yesterdays update! Oh well just as good because it took all
night for the undercoater to dry. I used the spray cans and lots of
them. It took about 4 cans of spray undercoated to completely cover the
interior floor pans, jump seat area, and the front cowling up to the box
part where the heater and accessories mount. Then I used an additional
3 cans of the stuff to build up a nice thick coat and be sure I did not
miss any spots. With a thick coating, I had to put a heater in the
cockpit and cover it to keep it warm all night to dry. This morning it
is looking pretty good.

Meanwhile my new carpet kit and top arrived. The carpet kit consists of
13 individual fitted peices. The new top is nice and shiny thing with a
new clear plastic window that I am anxious to put on. After looking at
what I got, it is well worth the $500 or so (including some other small
parts).

Doing the painting and undercoating required a whole lot of masking tape
and paper to keep the stuff from staining what I did not want stained.
Right now the whole car is wrapped in paper. Unfortunatley it is not a
Tiger or I would have a "Paper Tiger"!

Back to the shop.

Steve VR
glblitnpwr(at)nidlink.com