"New" Series V - Day 10

From: Steve Van Ronk (glblitnpwr(at)nidlink.com)
Date: Sat Apr 19 1997 - 23:10:39 CDT

Hi People,

Today was one of those days when it does not show that you got anything
done at all, but actually a problem was solved (and another created).

Since tearing this thing apart, I have been searching for a nice wood
dashboard. The only one I found was a laminate on marine plywood for
over $300. Well, that may be OK, but not exactly what I wanted. Today
I went off to the big smoke and searched for a chunk of nice wood to
build my own custom dashboard. I managed to come up with a very pretty
piece of 9" x 5' x 3/4" deep reddish bloodwood, from Africa or Brazil I
think. Thus I will end up with a pretty wooden dash for about $70.00
and probably one to two days added to the project.

Tomorrow, back to the carpet and upholstery work.

Have a nice weekend folks,
Steve VR
glblitnpwr(at)nidlink.com