Hub Puller

From: Kurt Eckert (eckert(at)tfn.com)
Date: Mon May 05 1997 - 12:21:44 CDT

Hi All,

I have spent the last few weekends trying to rebuild the differential on my
Series III. I now have it completely disassembled except for taking the hubs off
the axles. I searched all over the place for the plans for a hub puller or a
method of getting them off, but came up empty. Could someone please fill me in
on how to get these dang things off or at least point me to a resource? I know
there has been discussion of it on the list but I couldn't find anything
concrete in the archives.

Also, there are some burrs on the edge of some of the differential gears . How
do you decide if you should rebuild the gearing? Should I just do it anyway or
do they tend to last forever? Is it a job that I can do myself? The workshop
manual talked about some pretty tight tolerances and a few very specialized
tools.

Thanks in Advance,
Kurt Eckert
1963 Series III GT