Re: ALPINE IV - blocked back wheel

From: Rootes2(at)aol.com
Date: Sun May 11 1997 - 21:15:45 CDT

Philippe -
      Looks like you might be the victim of the dreaded loose ring gear
bolts...
Any effect removing the wheels might have had, wouldn't make the hubs hard to
turn, it just might keep them from driving (or stopping) the car. Noisy, not
hard to turn. Sounds like time to take the differential out, sorry to say.
I hope I'm wrong!

Jon Arzt Rootes2(at)aol.com

<<
 I hope anybody can give me some good advice re:

 I took off the wheels, greased the knobs and put them back. So far, so
 good. The day after I drove around and stopped at an intersection. I was
 starting to move again when after 10 meters the wheel on the back right
 made a sound similar to a coffee mill (or like two gear-wheels not biting)
 and the car did not move anymore, just this terrible sound. I tried to move
 again, in vain.