RE: Anti-lock brakes

From: Richard Atherton (Entex) (a-richat(at)MICROSOFT.com)
Date: Sun May 18 1997 - 05:04:16 CDT

        I don't know if they stillmake them or not, but I used REPCO
Semi metalics on my Alpine and I always considered that car to have had
the best brakes of all the cars that I have owned. Perfect control,
little if any fade, and very predictable. At least in my opinion. It
had far better brakes than either of my Dads Jags, or my brothers old
MG-B. I have been unimpressed with all of the American cars that I have
owned. All have had fairly spongy feeling brakes, even after completely
going through them. I have found that the calipers flex too much and
there by making the pedal spungy. The Alpines brakes were always solid,
although the rears needed constant adjusting. One click on the ebrake
was good for about a week of driving.

Rich