Anti-lock brakes

From: Chris S. Mottram (Chris.S.Mottram(at)ecc.com)
Date: Wed May 14 1997 - 21:25:08 CDT

From: Chris S. Mottram(at)ECCI on 05/14/97 10:25 PM

My Series 5 Alpine came with out the brake booster. The pedal is very
firm. No matter how hard I push on the pedal, I can't come to an panic
stop (aka lock up the brakes). Now I realize that many new cars come with
this feature and charge quite a bit for it, I would feel more comfortable
if I knew I could at least try to come to a screeching halt before I rear
end somebody!
Should I be able to lock the brakes without the booster? I really don't
want to add one back.

Thanks,
Chris