Re: brake booster color

From: Tom Yang (TYang(at)compuserve.com)
Date: Wed May 21 1997 - 08:39:53 CDT

<The correct color for the vacuum chamber is a semi-gloss black (not
flat) and the lid should be cadmium coated (not painted) if you wish to
maintain total originality. Also, you be sure that the vacuum piston
moves freely with little or no resistance. Otherwise, if it sticks your
brakes will lock.>

When I took my booster out for refurbishing, it was covered with light
surface rust all around. There was some paint still around on the back
plate, and body of the booster. When the rebuilder sent it back to me
though, they painted the body, but left the backing plate bare.

I think everything seems to be in working order, but I won't know until I
bolt it onto the car this weekend.

Tom