Re: Water Leak

From: Karl Gilchrist (xtr25618701(at)xtra.co.nz)
Date: Wed Oct 01 1997 - 02:46:23 CDT

Rootes(at)aol.com wrote:

> Karl -
> Another possibility is the windshield to body seal....

Nah Jon I'm afraid that the problem is the air vents. Under them is a
tray which collects surpless water and drains it into the engine
compartment. It appears that I have a DPO rust repair modification to
this tray resulting in it draining into the passanger compartment
instead. Its a rebuilt job which involves removal of most of that air
vent panel-I will also take the opportunity to refit a repaired
windscreen frame-Probably going to be expensive but as I am only a week
away from a full retrim it needs to be done or I'll end up with very
expensive but rotten and smelly carpets

Karl