Re: Oil filters

From: John Souders (frodo4(at)ix.netcom.com)
Date: Tue Oct 07 1997 - 00:49:41 CDT

You wrote:

>John Souders wrote:
>
>> You wrote:

>> Britain!
>
>John , It wasn't me that said that . You may want to lQQk at the old
>thread to see it.
OOPS!

>Chuck series ll , With NAPA filter, 1311 (ie) MANN conversion.

NAPA told me that the SAAB filter they sell is made by Wicks.
I also spent a long time at my local Walmart. Most of the filters they
sell do have the antidrain flapper (STP, FRAM, etc). Now I wonder if
this thing doesn't work too well or if the draindown we see is through
the bearings.
Not trying to restart the thread - just thinking "aloud".

AND what's with this new expensive FRAM filter with Teflon particles in
it. I thought that all the additives with Teflon were supposed to be
bad for engine and filter.

John