Re: Replacing diff bolts question

From: John Souders (frodo4(at)ix.netcom.com)
Date: Tue Oct 07 1997 - 01:03:08 CDT

You wrote:

>In a message dated 97-10-07 01:25:17 EDT, frodo4(at)ix.netcom.com writes:
>
>>It seems that if I remove the diff cover, I should be able to get at
>>one bolt at a time for removal, Loctiting and replacing.
>

>What cover are you talking about? No Alpine I've seen has one.

Cover - wrong term? The front of the diff housing is held in place by
a number of nuts. With the drive shaft flange removed doesn't this
"cover" come off to allow access to the diff gear assembly.

  You'll need
>to pull the axles first if its an Alpine diff assembly.

I'm trying to avoid this in attempting to replace the bolts with the
gear assy in place.

John