RE: re:More ignition trivia: rotor-arm gaps

From: Jarrid Gross (Yorba Linda, CA) (GROSS(at)unit.com)
Date: Tue Oct 07 1997 - 09:46:00 CDT

A.G.Whiteford wrote,

>Is it true that Lucas re-designed the rotor-arm a couple of times on
the
>Alpine / Arrow range distributer to minimise air gap at different
>rpm/timings?. Is their a more modern rotor-arm we should be using?

I have seen several lucas rotors "like for MGs" that did not have
enough "rotor arm" to run with the alpine distributors advance.

Stick with a supplier that works well for you, and dont worry
too much about replacing the rotor all the time.

The cap and rotor can be cleaned and reused many times over.

In fact the wires will likely burn open before the cap and rotor
are no good.

Toss the cap and rotor if ever there is carbon on either part
that doesnt clean up, or if the rotor starts to get loose on the
distributor shaft.

Jarrid Gross