G forces and pushing

From: Anthony Robinson (anthonyr(at)aqua.civag.unimelb.EDU.AU)
Date: Mon Oct 13 1997 - 22:52:18 CDT

The Car and Driver report of 1960 tested the Alpine in a Road research Report.
On a 200 ft diameter skid pan they got a maximum speed of 48 mph.

The calculations for this are:

Acceleration = velocity squared / radius = (21.5 m/s)^2 / 30.48 m = 7.58 m/s/s

This actually gives 1.54g's. (too high)

But if the 200ft is radius instead of diameter then we get 0.77g's.

I've double checked my maths, can someone help.

Anthony, series II (capable of incredibly high g's; apparently)