RE: reply to Emily on seat belts.

From: Lauri Lehtinen (lauri(at)lorenzo.pp.fi)
Date: Thu Oct 16 1997 - 02:56:02 CDT

Have at least lap belts assembled. Then you do not fly out of the poor car
in "medium" crashes.
I have old fashioned lap belts (3 pc), and I got an Alfa R inside my boot,
and in a sudden I was knocking on Honda Accord's back door, and that rotten
rice cup entered to a red light zone of yet another Yazamuranazaki. I do
not know if I had any help of that belt, but I found me at my seat with no
injures.
After that metamorphosis pity Honda had no boot at all, and that A Romeo
bleeded awfully, beeing totally (ferme) parked to its tires.
It is posseble, though not obvious, that without belt I might have jumped
out of my seat and straight under that italian agressive Romeo. After
rolling under that kind of Romeo I might have been a very homogenous pice
of meat.

So my opinion is, even those obsolet belts are worth of something. Maybe
$0.02??

Lawrence Leaflet
(Lorenzo Pamfletti for Alfa people)
Helsinki,