reply to Emily on seat belts.

From: MR RICHARD T TRENK SR (GDWF22A(at)prodigy.com)
Date: Tue Oct 14 1997 - 21:21:51 CDT

Being an open car with no roll bar or roll cage.....may I suggest you
portect your life with a proper H type belt which anchors to the
floor 45 deg. on a line back from your from shoulders, and....
connects to a 3" wide lap belt which also can have a crotch or anti-
submarine belt.
This is std. requirement in SCCA and hot rod assn. They are easily
available from hot rod shops as well as from race supply shops.
In the event of head on crash or roll over, this WILL give the best
possible protection. The std. US car lap belt with diagonal shoulder
strap is of course better than just a lap belt BUT.....the H type is
your best line of defense.
As an old racer of Alpines and others, believe what I am saying.
Dick T.