Re: Re: Re: RE: $12500 alpine

From: EJMW(at)aol.com
Date: Thu Feb 19 1998 - 16:58:03 CST

I've painted three small convertables inside and out and used one gallon of
base.

This time I'm going for that concours finish and I will be painting the car
inside and out once. Color sanding and blocking all exterior surfaces and
painting again.
Should there be a problem I'll have a little more than a quart left over that
was mixed at the same time so I can guarantee a color and metal flake match.
(plus possibility of chips etc. during engine reinstallation)

It's the way the guy that's doing my sheetmetal does all of his cars and
judging from the way the 190SL I saw in his shop yesterday its worth the extra
stp and money.

Also DuPont paint is never cheap. It might be more because of Los Angeles Air
Quality Regs.

Anyway that's all for now

Eric
'62 serII