Stromberg Manifold help

From: Chris S. Mottram (Chris.S.Mottram(at)ecc.com)
Date: Thu Feb 26 1998 - 21:11:00 CST

Chris S. Mottram(at)ECCI
02/26/98 10:11 PM

I am putting my series 5's newly machined head back on. I am using the
dual stromberg carbs. Between the intake manifold and the head there is
supposed to be a paperish gasket and a thin metalplate with raised edges
around the intake ports. I don't remember how it goes back together. Is
it head, then paper gasket, then metal plate (raised edge facing manifold)
then manifold? Also, should I put some gasket goo between this metal plate
and the manifold?

Help,
I'm tyring to get my car back on the road before a highschool buddy of mine
comes into town. He's an Alfa fan. I want to convert him. I would
probably have an easier time converting him with a Tiger. He's coming to
town on business to test tires on the Dodge Viper at Road Atlanta. (Why
didn't I get an automotive engineering degree!!)

Chris