SIII Vacuum brake servo woes

From: Juansailor (Juansailor(at)aol.com)
Date: Wed Apr 01 1998 - 05:42:20 CST

For the second Spring in a row upon rousing my beam from its winter
hibernation
the brake pedel went to the floor. Last year I refilled and bled the system
and it worked O.K.. This year, with no sign of external brake fluid leaks but
clouds of blueish smoke from the exhaust I feared the worst, fluid leaking
into the vacuum chamber. I called Doug at Tiger Auto and he confirmed my
suspicion and suggested a bypass which I have done and now have brakes. I
prefer the vacuum assist. Are rebuild kits available or is there a similar
replacement unit available?.
Thanks for any help on this.

Phil Reddy
SIII # 9204388