Re: Mistaken for a Tiger

Rex Funk (rexfunk(at)magick.net)
Tue, 30 Jun 1998 15:57:10 -0700

Jay Laifman wrote:

>I certainly left thinking/sensing the appeal of a
>pointy fin car, just so that no one would mistake it for a Tiger.

I sure wish that were true. The question I am most consistently asked about my S II is "Is that the one with the V-8?". Like P.T. Barnum said "No one ever went broke under-estimating the intelligence of the American Public." We ought to have a contest on the Alpine List for snappy answers to the above stupid question. I'll start with:

No, this is the good one.

No, this is the one that goes around corners and stays on the road.

No, this is the one that was SCCA National Champion for two years in the '60s, and won the Index of Performance at LeMans.

No, that one steers like a truck, overheats, and is the Axle-Hop Poster Child.