Re: Chris needs our help

From: Scott Donnelly / Journey's End Marina (oharajem(at)free.midcoast.com)
Date: Wed Apr 14 1999 - 16:38:10 CDT

Chris, I don't know if this would work in your area but here's a concept
that might allow you to hang on to your Apline and help your brothers family
in a big way. In our small town of 5000, I have witnessed and participated
in community fund raisers for families facing tough times, often involving
cancer. One was for a neighbor who, thru the support of local business who
donated time, services or product to a fund raiser dinner/auction, was able
to keep his business and family finacially afloat while his cancer was
treated. The event was held at a local brew/pub (donated) and the auction
items ranged from a cord of fire wood to a use of a ski condo in Aspen.
Bidding was rather feverish as your weren't out to get a good deal but
rather to help a neighbor in need through purchasing something that you
would probably go out and buy in the near future anyway. It was an
incredible success and raised nearly $30,000. My neighbor is hanging in
there though he's had to part with his AC Cobra (kit) - small price to pay...
Good luck to you and your family,
Scott Donnelly
SV
Camden, Maine