Re: On plates and bumpers

From: T.J. Higgins (tjhiggin(at)chris.iss.ingr.com)
Date: Tue Nov 16 1999 - 13:43:40 CST

Jay Laifman writes:
> Any opinions on where to put the rear license plate and whether or not to
> put the upright bumpers on?

My '67 SV has the bracket on the boot lid. The bracket's shape means
that the bottom of the plate is about an inch from the boot. I find
that I often scrape my hand on the bottom of the plate when opening
the boot. So from an ease-of-use and injury-prevention standpoint,
putting the plate under the bumper is better.

My car's picture is at
http://www.team.net/www/rootes/sunbeam/alpine/mk1-5/images/tjh67s5.jpg
but it doesn't show the plate & bracket very well.

--
T.J. Higgins
tjhiggin(at)ingr.com