Re: Cutting Springs

From: Scott Donnelly (oharajem(at)free.midcoast.com)
Date: Tue Nov 30 1999 - 14:46:43 CST

Jay, Can you suggest how to go about cutting down the front springs? My SV
front end also sits unnaturally high (to my eye) with more than a fist width
between the fender and top of the tire (185 x 60 x 14). I assume that the
suggestion to cut the spring down a half inch refers to reducing it's stacked
height by .5" which would translate to several inches along the length of the
coil. Am I wrong?
Scott Donnelly